Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Readathon Frenzy!!

Hello Everyone -

I am so excited to take part in THREE readathons that are overlapping next week! The first is Book Tube-a-thon. The second is the Biannual Bibliothon. And I am taking part in an International Buddy-a-thon. There is no way I can do all of the challenges for one, much less for all three. I always have high hopes but I read less than a quarter of what most BookTuber's read during readathons so I will do my best. I will have a lot of overlapping challenges. I have posted them below. There are also a lot of books that fit many challenges. It seems like every book I wanted to pick had a person on the cover. :)  Wish me luck -- this is such an ambitious TBR!
If  you want more information for the readathons, I have included that too!

Also, Hardbackhoarder on YouTube created an AWESOME google doc to share for tracking Book tube-a-thon here - check her out on YT here: Hardbackhoarder

Book Tube-a-Thon (July 24 - 30, 2017)

Info here

  • Read a book with a person on the cover
    • A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
  • Read a hyped book
    • Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
  • Finish a book in one day
    • Night by Elie Wiesel
  • Read about a character that is very different from you
    • The Association of Small Bombs by Karan Mahajan (Audio book)
  • Read a book completely outdoors
    • Saga: Vol 4 by Brian Vaughan
  • Read a book you bought because of the cover
    • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle
  • Read 7 books

Biannual Bibliothon (July 23 - 29, 2017)

Info here

  • Group book (Flame in the Mist by Renee Adieh)
    • N/A
  • Read from a host's favorite genre (options are: Magical Realism, Historical Fiction, High/Epic Fantasy, Diverse Books, Dystopian/SciFi, Paranormal or Urban fantasy)
    • Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
  • Read a book that has been or is still banned
    • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (and Harry Potter!!)
  • Throwback challenge (I picked graphic novel)
    • Saga: Vol 4 by Brian Vaughan
  • Book to movie/tv adaptation
    • Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
  • Read a book you've seen somewhere other than BookTube
    • A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
  • LGBTQIA
    • Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky  Albertalli

Buddy-a-Thon (July 28 - 30, 2017)

My buddy is kayleebob on twitter and she is in Canada, while I am in the US! I am very excited to read with her and read her recommendation!

  • A book with a strong friendship
    • A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
  • A book that takes place outside the country you live in.
    • Night by Elie Wiesel (Also, our buddy read!)
  • A book recommended by your international buddy. 
    • Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky  Albertalli


My final TBR:

Image result for a man called ove by fredrik backman


Image result for the handmaid's tale book

Image result for a wrinkle in time barnes and noble edition

Image result for night elie wiesel

Image result

Image result for harry potter and the chamber of secrets illustrated

Image result for saga volume 4 by brian vaughan


Are you taking part? If not, what are you reading this summer? Let's chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment